Title: After Sales Manager (Midwest Region)
Location: Ohio/ Indiana/ Wisconsin/ Michigan/ Illinois - Remote Based
Remuneration: c$90,000 - $110,000 plus full travel expenses, year-end bonus, parts related bonus, comprehensive benefits program including Medical/Dental/Vision, a matching 401k, tuition reimbursement, volunteer program, wellness activities, employee and family activities throughout the year
Company: OEM Machinery
The After Sales Support Manager role is critical in the rapid resolution of technical and service related issues. The ASM manages the aftersales support, technical product familiarization and training, as well as technical troubleshooting for their assigned region.
They work closely with the sales and factory technical team to drive uptime and a positive customer experience. The ASM establishes solid relationships with dealer and customer team members, responds quickly to address issues and follows through to closure. The ASM provides feedback to the appropriate functional owners to drive continuous product and support improvements.
- Develop strong relationships with customers, dealers and other stakeholders within their assigned region to become trusted partners and dependable resources for them.
- Provide technical and diagnostic assistance to customer/dealer network in person or by phone as appropriate.
- Submit weekly summaries of support activities, and update ERP system communicating and tracking progress of issues and resolutions, close the loop on service issues with all stakeholders.
- Work closely with the parts teams and authorized dealers to identify key parts and stocking levels to ensure availability and fast repairs, communicate gaps and push for fast shipment.
- Coordinate training for dealer/customer by either directly providing or schedule with technical training team to insure dealer capability to repair and service products and utilize customer dealer portal, warranty process and service tools.
- Investigation of customer complaints and based on findings, propose warranty and policy recommendations that promote customer satisfaction and resolution in a fair and equitable manner.
- Act as liaison between Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales on service related issues. Provide detailed documentation to the appropriate departments and manage communication to dealers and other stakeholders.
- Assist with product development providing feedback to Engineering and Product Management regarding design and serviceability.
- Partner with region team members to provide input on dealer capability and plans to develop a strong dealer network that is trained and equipped to represent the company professionally and capably.
- Assist with demonstrations and exhibit set-up at shows and events as needed providing aftersales support.
- Support aftermarket, parts and service sales initiatives and programs.
- Requires a high school degree, post-secondary education preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an applicable product support or mechanic role.
- Must have good mechanical background, specifically experience working with engines, hydraulics, electronics and mechanical systems of construction or agricultural equipment. Experience with Manitou products is a plus.
- Good understanding of the operation of a dealership and a service department.
- Must have excellent communication and customer-facing skills.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot equipment effectively both in person and by phone.
- Must be computer literate, proficient with Microsoft office and Google software and comfortable working with a laptop computer on a daily basis.
- Requires a resourceful, flexible, independent and achievement-orientated person.
- Must be mature, presentable, skilled and courteous in working with customers and able to handle stressful situations.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and passport.
- Requires an average of 75% overnight travel and role works from a home office location within the assigned region.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Applicants must be based in and authorized to work in the United States. There are no sponsorship options attached to this position.