Job Title: Category Manager
Location: Grimsby, North Lincolnshire
Reports to: Commercial Director
Remuneration: Industry Competitive, Car Allowance, Bonus, Private Healthcare and Associated Manager Level Benefits
Oliver Carol Recruitment is working on a retained basis with UK leading FMCG exporter Ramsden International in its search for a talented Category Manager. All applications will be forwarded to Oliver Carol Recruitment for review and possible submission.
**In order to be considered for this position you must have experience of Category Management Strategies with FMCG products**
This role has potential for flexible working arrangements but will predominately be H/O based.
To develop and implement a best in class Category Management strategy to support our Sales team in delivering additional sales with existing and new customers.
Ensure close alignment with Marketing & Sales and collectively create a Toolkit that gives our sales team a competitive advantage and identifies sales building initiatives across all territories.
Act as the voice of the business in sharing changes in consumer behaviour, market trends and industry analysis that keep us all abreast of the latest developments.
- Develop and implement effective Category strategies that are tailored to market needs
- Support the sales team with the building of their territory plans and identifying new opportunities
- Ensure all agreed KPI’s are visible and measured consistently throughout the year
- Through collaborative cross-functional working and utilizing external resources (including IGD, Trade Magazines, Suppliers), provide category performance updates to help influence customer purchasing decisions.
- Own our branded range management and ensure any delists are managed professionally with our customers.
- Ensure maximum impact of all NPD available to us with a calendar of launches in place as far in advance as possible.
- Develop and communicate an annual promotional plan in conjunction with the company’s key suppliers / brand owners.
- Select and compile the content of the 3 weekly promotional activity.
- Work closely with the Trading function to ensure we leverage all supplier support available
- Work closely with the Product Data and Compliance Teams to ensure all product data and other relevant information is current and available when required.
- Select appropriate product substitutions for discontinued lines where not offered by suppliers.
- Develop bespoke range recommendations for our key customers to drive incremental sales
- Develop launch ranges for new customers to ensure we have the optimum range in place
- Create planograms as needed either for generic use across the team or bespoke projects based on customer data
- Provide relevant market insights to the Commercial Director as needed for Exec meetings
- Educate the wider business on key trends and market developments to improve our general level of understanding in other functions
- Experienced in an FMCG Category management environment with evidence of translating data into insight
- Proven experience of delivering additional sales or opening new customers by using a targeted category approach
- Strong numeracy skills ranging from interpretation of data to management accounts and budgeting.
- Strong competency on excel
- Capable of building compelling presentations for use both internally and with our customers
- Adept in distilling a large amount of raw data in order to highlight the messages relevant to us
- A person who can inspire, coach and work in a fast-paced export team environment.
- Ability to identify areas of change, recommend future actions and manage implementation.
- Project management skills with an ability to see things through to completion.
- A strong commitment to align the business operations with the needs of customers.
- A positive, can do approach, one that wants to test new things, develop creative and innovative solutions and seeks continual improvement.
- Ability to balance the needs of commercial performance with the ethos of the business.
- Not afraid to be hands on, collaborative and support across the business.
- Ability to gain credibility, respect and confidence from others quickly.
- Decisive individual with ability to think on their own two feet and take accountability for their actions.
- Ability to operate with integrity at all times.
- Takes a professional approach in work, appearance and communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the business and with customers and suppliers.
- Advanced level IT skills.