Job Title: Production Team Leader
Location: Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reports To: Operations Manager
Remuneration: £38,000 - £40,000 + Shift Allowance x2
Hours: Permanent Nights (4 on 4 off)
Role Requirement: MUST have experience in a fast-paced manufacturing setting alongside team leadership and managerial responsibility experience.
An overview of the role:
• Provide genuine, authentic leadership and supply appropriate direction making sure the teams you serve have sufficient skills and knowledge to cover all areas within operations
• To ensure equipment is maintained in a safe working order
• To manage a team of operatives to ensure workload is completed in a timely and accurate fashion
• Monitor hygiene and housekeeping, promote a clean as you go policy, and ensure all Production areas meet the required standard
• To carry out inspections, investigate damages and report findings to the Operations Manager
• Ensure all staff are trained to the required standard on Production Management Systems
• Take full responsibility for all material and finished goods movements assigned to your shift
• Build effective relationships with all departments
• To ensure a timely and informative shift handover is conducted at the beginning and end of shift
• To perform any other task, that is of a reasonable request in line with the Production department
• Adhere to the company’s H&S policies and procedures
• Adhere to the company’s Hygiene policies and procedures.
Due to the nature of the role candidates will need to be flexible in terms of alternative shift cover as and when required.
Successful candidates will have experience of working within a fast paced production environment and it is essential that you have experience within FMCG product manufacturing.
Ideal candidates will have the ability to work to deadlines, lead a team and should have excellent communication skills.
Strong organisational skills are key with the ability to prioritise and delegate to ensure targets are met.
Experience with PLC's (Siemans or AB) would be an advantage.
This role is working a fast paced, 24/7 food manufacturing facility and you will be surrounded by incredibly talented and motivated colleagues.