Title: Regional Field Service Technician (Americas inc. USA)
Location: Mexico (Remote)
Salary: 400k - 750k Mexican Pesos + Annual Bonus (15 days of salary per year completed), Vacation premium (25% of base salary), Medical & Life Insurance
Prerequisites: Spanish and English Fluent | Able to obtain US travel & work visa | 85% travel requirement across Americas.
Oliver Carol Recruitment is supporting one of our global OEM clients and is seeking a talented Field Service Technician with a proven record in performing field service work to support complex machinery. This position contributes to the success of the organization by providing expertise in field service troubleshooting, installations and repair of its machinery across the Americas. The position reports to the Service Manager and will be located remotely in Mexico.
- Travel to customers’ locations throughout the Americas to install, start-up, maintain, troubleshoot labeling machines.
- Train customers’ operators and technicians on set-up, operation, change-over and maintenance of the systems.
- Work with the customer to ensure they have the parts required to expeditiously repair any ongoing issue as well as have adequate stock of spare components.
- Prepare and submit detailed trip reports for the customer and company that identify problem(s) encountered, actions taken to resolve the problem(s), and recommended next steps to fully satisfy the customer’s service need.
- Provide technical assistance to customer both over the phone and via remote connection.
- Associates Degree in related technical field (mechanical and electrical) or 5 years related/equivalent experience in the packaging industry
- 3+ years in custom machine manufacturing or mechanical repair/maintenance
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical/electrical technical applications, specifically PLC’s, servo driven motors and controls.
- Ability to read & understand complex engineering designs, including wiring schematics
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills and independent judgment
- Able to travel 85% of the time and work overtime as required
- Ability to work independently, maintain a positive attitude and work well with all levels of management and operators
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Have or be able to obtain visa to work in United States
If you want to work with a global leader within the OEM sector, travel the Americas whilst fixing and trouble shooting problems within the fast paced CPG packaging industry, then do not delay in applying for this Regional Field Service Technician opportunity today.