Oliver Carol Recruitment is supporting one of the nations largest OEM manufacturing organizations in its search for a Business Intelligence Analyst.
Salary: c$90,000 - $100,000
Location: Cincinnati/ Covington
Cross Functional Relations: Operational Finance, IT, Sales and Marketing
We have worked with this organization for over 12 years and have successfully hired a number of your future colleagues, all of whom demonstrated excellent functional and job criterion competencies but more importantly added value to the company culture. This culture is a culture that empowers problem-solving, autonomy, personal and social responsibility as well as championing success at all levels - not just profits!
Having met with the senior HR team at its US HQ to discuss this role, we can confidently say this is an organization that will improve your career and personal development.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be primarily responsible for maximizing overall data consumption across this organization by developing meaningful visualizations and reports, mining and sharing data insights, and by empowering business users to adopt self-service analytics.
The ideal candidate will be highly proficient with Tableau (or similar) software, have superb data visualization skills and experience driving adoption of new tools across an organization.
This person will collaborate with key business stakeholders across the business including key sponsors across Business Process, Operational Finance, IT, Sales and Marketing. Collaboration across the business is critical as it builds new metrics / dashboards with focus on designing, developing, and testing with a smaller “pilot” group.
Once the analytics are production ready, this role will support scaling these new reporting tools by sponsoring demos, training, one-on-one assistance and publishing key metrics to support change management / continuous improvement. Interpersonal skills and the ability to speak the user’s language are important as the business is focused on user-centered design.
- Develop insightful, visually compelling, and engaging dashboards and reports that support effective decision making
- Extract data from MS SQL Server, Salesforce and external data sources to support the development of actionable information
- Conduct User Experience sessions and translate end user business requirements into intuitive, visually effective user interfaces housing dashboards, analytics and reporting
- Create and transform datasets using ETL tools to efficiently sustain BI Solutions
- Interact with and influence stakeholders across various levels in the organization to drive adoption and understanding of BI tools in our tech stack
- Assist the team with data related projects as they arise
- Ideate new Tableau based tools that can drive positive results for the organization
- Learn from and share knowledge and skills with your teammates to grow BI’s total impact to the organization.
- University degree or college diploma in business, marketing, or information technology
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of active use of Tableau, PowerBI or similar visual analysis tools
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience creating and transforming large datasets
- Excellent data visualization and user-centered design skills. Knowledge of Stephen Few’s information design principles would be a big plus!
- Strong understanding of the entire business intelligence process as it relates to data creation, analysis, reporting and visualization
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into visual designs for interactive dashboards is required
- Experience writing SQL queries, Salesforce data, and embedding analytics a plus
- Curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with executives of all levels
- Solid business acumen, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Travel will vary, but most likely averaging < 10%
Contact one of the Oliver Carol Recruitment team to learn more or apply for this Business Intelligence Analyst position in the Cincinnati/ Covington area today by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org