Title: Production Planner/ Production Scheduler
Industry: OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
Location: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area (On-Site)
Salary: c$75,000 - $90,000 + Company Benefits
Oliver Carol Recruitment has partnered with one of the worlds leading equipment manufacturers supplying transportation, industrial agriculture, consumer goods, space and aerospace sectors. Headquartered in Ohio and with worldwide facilities, they are one of the go-to organizations for capital equipment as well as critical components and parts.
As Production Planner/ Production Scheduler you will be responsible for coordinating production schedules within the manufacturing facility on a daily basis, and ensure that actual production meets scheduled requirements. Responsibilities include shop order release, the in-process expediting function, and shop scheduling with input from Manufacturing Management.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Converts high-level schedule into detail schedules, material requirements lists, and production plans for work centers.
- Issues work instructions to manufacturing team
- Expedites daily work through the manufacturing centers in a highly dynamic aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Analyzes capacity with manufacturing management
- Advises management of production status and potential problems to ensure labor, tools, equipment, and services are provided as needed.
- Coordinates with other internal departments to expedite the movement of parts.
- Works with Engineering to develop tools and procedures to maximize facility and equipment utilization.
- Identifies methods to insure products meet Master Schedule requirements
Job specific attributes/skills
- Computer knowledge – Microsoft Office including Excel, MS Project (preferred) as well as the Internet Production Scheduling
- ERP System experience and understanding
- Capacity planning, (level loading, Kanban, etc.)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated abilities to organize with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Business, Logistics, and Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of inventory and production controller/planner experience
- Working knowledge of manufacturing, procurement, quality basics, engineering flows, and reading prints
- Experience with capacity planning, and creating production schedules and loading into ERP system in a machining manufacturing environment (aerospace environment preferred).
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement principles
- Experience modifying production schedules for increased efficiency
- Experience tracking, reporting and presenting status
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with leaders, peers, and others as required.