Title: Program Manager (Mechanical Engineering Background)
Industry: OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
Location: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area (On-Site)
Salary: c$90,000 - $110,000 + Company Benefits
Oliver Carol Recruitment has partnered with one of the worlds leading equipment manufacturers supplying transportation, industrial agriculture, consumer goods, space and aerospace sectors. Headquartered in Ohio and with worldwide facilities, they are one of the go-to organizations for capital equipment as well as critical components and parts.
As Program Manager you will be responsible for the activity and support of project or customer specific jobs from launch to completion. You will develop and implement scheduled activities in close coordination with all operations functions and quality processes to ensure efficient, timely, cost-effective and accurate completion of customer specific jobs / projects.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and monitors the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of Company programs associated with specific customers and/or projects.
- Coordinate contracting requirements with Contracts Administrator and Sales by considering the financial conditions, resources, and contractual requirements.
- Drives organic growth through customer relationships for new business and to expand existing product lines.
- Ensures adherence to masterplans and schedules, develops solutions to program problems, and directs work of incumbents assigned to program from various departments.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Acts as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Assists estimating on proposals to win new programs.
- Develops and ensures project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
- Utilizes traditional Program Management tools including Action Trackers, Project Planning tools, EVM to effectively communicate program expectations etc.
- Builds relationships with key account stakeholders on managed projects.
- Builds detailed understanding of key accounts standard work practices including use of accounts systems, project management expectations, planning tools, source inspection criteria and standards and non-conformance management.
- Communicate with manufacturing team, customers and others on status of projects.
- Review jobs for process improvement opportunities as well as consolidation.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or 5 years’ equivalent experience
- Previous experience in manufacturing engineering preferred
- Prior experience in project management a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Project
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills