Title: Process Engineer (Mechanical/ Industrial Engineering Background)
Industry: OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)
Location: Cincinnati Metropolitan Area (On-Site)
Salary: c$80,000 - $100,000 DOE + Company Benefits
Oliver Carol Recruitment has partnered with one of the worlds leading equipment manufacturers supplying transportation, industrial agriculture, consumer goods, space and aerospace sectors. Headquartered in Ohio and with worldwide facilities, they are one of the go-to organizations for capital equipment as well as critical components and parts.
Responsible for leading the development of a manufacturing process for a part or assembly. The Process Engineer is responsible for identifying and implementing opportunities to improve quality, efficiency and cost of their processes.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical leader responsible for providing process documentation and operating instructions for new manufacturing processes by reviewing customer drawings, specifications, and flow-downs.
- Create part and assembly instructions to route product through most efficient machines and processes that support a high quality, cost-effective, and error free product.
- Provide technical leadership for the manufacturing process to resolve operational problems as it relates to producibility, conformance to the drawing or specifications, material use and bottlenecks in the process.
- Support manufacturing process by creating additional manufacturing drawings and process instructions to support the production of parts or assemblies.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness. Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Support successful start of manufacturing by creating requirements for hardware, material, fixtures, and programming.
- Provide technical advisement to suppliers, as required, to fulfill specifications of customer requirements
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Review product designs for manufacturability and prepare quotes.
- Engage cross functionally with operations and quality engineers to improve quality control.
- Perform other duties and specific projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Related bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Industrial), Engineering Technology or 5-10 years’ experience in manufacturing, operations, or engineering environment with technical knowledge of operations and manufacturing flow
- Job specific attributes/skills
- Knowledge of hardware specifications, manufacturing methods and procedures, manufacturing quality, product development, GD&T and CAD/CAM
- Able to effectively communicate and present technical information – written and verbal
- Demonstrate leadership and collaboration across all functions of the organization
- Effectively navigate through complexity and problem solving
- Display strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Microsoft Office Suite; ERP (JobBoss preferred, but not required) and drafting software
US Citizens and valid work visa holders only.